Nuclear Engineering

Semester-by-Semester Plan »

Campus Student Transition Guidelines

Please understand that these transition guidelines are just that, guidelines. Each campus is unique in course offerings per semester and special nuances that might emerge in the suggested academic plan. As always, it is best to speak with your assigned academic adviser to get advice on scheduling, entrance to major requirements, the change of campus process, and general degree planning.

Students transitioning to University Park at the end of their 4th semester should have appropriate grades (based on degree requirements) in the following courses prior to their first semester at University Park:

  • MATH 140 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 141 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 251 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 110 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • PHYS 211 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • PHYS 212 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • EMCH 211 (Pre-requisite for EMCH 213 and EMCH 212)
  • EMCH 212 (Pre-requisite for 320)
  • ME 300 (Pre-requisite for ME 320)
  • MATH 230 (Pre-requisite for NUCE 309)
  • PHYSC 214 (Pre-requisite for NUCE 301)

Students transitioning to University Park should have the following courses completed before or during their first semester at University Park. Pay close attention to pre-requisites since in-major NUCE courses are FA or SP offering only.

  • ME 320 (Pre-requisite for ME 410)
  • NUCE 301 (Pre-requisite for NUCE 302 and NUCE 450)
  • NUCE 309 (Pre-requisite for NUCE 302, ME 410, NUCE 450)
  • NUCE 310W



The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.

Engineering Advising Center

208 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-1033