Chemical Engineering

Semester-by-Semester Plan »

Campus Student Transition Guidelines

Please understand that these transition guidelines are just that, guidelines. Each campus is unique in course offerings per semester and special nuances that might emerge in the suggested academic plan. As always, it is best to speak with your assigned academic adviser to get advice on scheduling, entrance to major requirements, the change of campus process, and general degree planning.

Students transitioning to University Park at the end of their 3rd semester should have appropriate grades (based on degree requirements) in the following courses prior to their first semester at University Park to make adequate academic progress:

  • MATH 140 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 141 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 110 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 111
  • PHYS 211 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 112
  • CHEM 113
  • MATH 231
  • MATH 251 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 210

Students transitioning to University Park should have the following courses completed in their 1st semester at University Park to make adequate academic progress:

  • PHYS 212 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHE 210
  • CHE 220
  • CHE 230
  • CHEM 212



The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.

Engineering Advising Center

208 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-1033