Change of Major

Students requesting a change into the College of Engineering from another college will be considered according to their academic performance, the relevance of the courses they have taken to the majors in the College of Engineering, and indication that they have the potential to succeed in one of the College’s majors.

If you have already completed a high number of credits in another major, please visit Transferring with a High Number of Credits for the conditions that are applicable to such requests.

If you have already entered a major and wish to change your major, you must obtain departmental support through the regular Change of Major process. Such requests are considered on an individual basis without guarantee of approval and on a space-available basis.

Students who are in a College of Engineering associate degree program and who wish to change to a University Park baccalaureate program will be considered in the same manner as applicants from another college.

College of Engineering students wishing to request a change of major to a major not in the College of Engineering should contact an adviser who works with the proposed new major. Go to Academic Advising Centers for more information.



The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.

Engineering Advising Center

208 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-1033