Leaving the University

Before the Semester Begins

Prior to the start of the semester, you have two options for leaving the university:

If you have already scheduled classes:

If you have already scheduled classes and you decide that you will not be attending the University, you should cancel your registration, the appropriate action for long term absences, such as transferring to another institution.

If you have not scheduled classes:

If you have not scheduled classes and your absence is temporary, you can request a Leave of Absence. Some things to keep in mind before taking a Leave of Absence:

After the Semester Begins

Once the semester begins, if you’ve already scheduled classes, you must withdraw from the University.



The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.

Engineering Advising Center

208 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-1033