Mechanical Engineering

Semester-by-Semester Plans »

Campus Student Transition Guidelines

Please understand that these transition guidelines are just that, guidelines. Each campus is unique in course offerings per semester and special nuances that might emerge in the suggested academic plan. As always, it is best to speak with your assigned academic adviser to get advice on scheduling, entrance to major requirements, the change of campus process, and general degree planning.

Students transitioning to University Park at the end of their 4th semester should have appropriate grades (based on degree requirements) in the following courses prior to their first semester at University Park:

  • MATH 140 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 141 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 251 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 110 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • PHYS 211 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • PHYS 212 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • EMCH 211 (Pre-requisite for EMCH 213 and EMCH 212)

Students transitioning to University Park should have the following courses completed before their 1st semester at University Park.

  • EMCH 212 (Pre-requisite for ME 370 and ME 320)
  • EMCH 213 (Pre-requisite for MATSE 259, IE 312, and ME 360)
  • CMPSC 200 (Pre-requisite for ME 370, Pre/Co-requisite for ME 360)
  • ME 300 (Pre-requisite for ME 320)
  • MATH 231 (Pre-requisite for ME 320) (MATH 230 is also acceptable)
  • MATH 220 (Pre-requisite for ME 370)

Students transitioning to University Park should have at least two of the following courses completed by the end of their 1st semester at University Park. Pay close attention to pre/co-requisites.

  • MATSE 259 (Pre/Co-requisite for IE 312)
  • IE 312
  • EE 212 (Pre/Co-requisite for ME 345)
  • ME 345 (Co-requisite for ME 450)
  • ME 370 (Prerequisite for ME 450)



The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.

Engineering Advising Center

208 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-1033