Industrial Engineering

Semester-by-Semester Plan »

Campus Student Transition Guidelines

Please understand that these transition guidelines are just that, guidelines. Each campus is unique in course offerings per semester and special nuances that might emerge in the suggested academic plan. As always, it is best to speak with your assigned academic adviser to get advice on scheduling, entrance to major requirements, the change of campus process, and general degree planning.

Students transitioning to University Park at the end of their 4th semester should successfully complete the following courses prior to their first semester at University Park:

  • MATH 140 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 141 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • MATH 250 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • CHEM 110 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • PHYS 211 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • PHYS 212 (Entrance to Major Requirement)
  • EDSGN 100 (prerequisite for IE 305)*
  • EMCH 210 or EMCH 211/213 (Prerequisite for MATSE 259, Pre/Co-requisite for IE 327)
  • MATH 220 (Pre-requisite for IE 405 and IE 425)
  • CMPSC 200 or 201 (Prerequisite for IE 330)

Students transitioning to University Park should have at least two of the following courses completed by the end of their first semester at University Park. Pay close attention to the pre/co-requisites.

  • IE 302
  • MATSE 259 (Pre/Co-requisite for IE 305)*
  • IE 305 (Pre-requisite for manufacturing process elective)
  • IE 322 (Prerequisite for IE 323, IE 330, IE 425, IE 460)
  • IE 327 (Prerequisite for IE 408, 418, or 419)
  • IE 405 (Pre-requisite for IE 460, Pre/Co-requisite for IE 425)**

* effective spring 2019 – only prerequisite to IE 305 will be EDSGN 100

** effective spring 2019 – IE 405 no longer a concurrent or prerequisite to IE 425



The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) serves as the academic advising resource for students in pre-major status (ENGR) at University Park. Once students have been admitted to a College of Engineering major, they will be assigned to a faculty adviser in that major.

Engineering Advising Center

208 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-1033